The time has come.
October time is now.
Are you rejoicing? It’s rejoice time.
Here’s a spread to help with that:
The October Forever Tarot Spread
1. Crisp: to cultivate freshness and alertness.
2. Sensual: to cultivate sensuality and hone the senses.
3. Spooked: to cultivate that sweet haunted feeling within the spirit, without inviting too much haunted trouble.
4. Delighted: to cultivate pleasure, comfort and joy.
5. Grounded: to cultivate grounding and connection to environment.
6. Masked: to play with appearance, including through character, costume, and glamour, while exploring and revealing deeper truths.
You don’t need to live somewhere classically autumnal at this time to play along. The qualities here link into Halloween and Samhain symbolism as well as autumnal weather and moods. Besides, this spread is for stirring up these qualities and holding onto them no matter when or where you find yourself located. It is for becoming more creatively and constructively autumnal of a person. (That’s a thing we could all stand to work on, right? I’d certainly like to think so.)
Each card here can represent a strategy, an exercise, energies to draw on, or a focal point for concentrating on the quality at hand. Majors, as archetypes, will likely mark core strategies. Pips, as situations, will likely mark exercises and focal points. Courts, as personalities, will likely mark energies to draw on, characters to step into, or people who can help you bolster the quality at hand—friends who have it down.
Happy October, critters! May yours be glorious.